Monday, May 19, 2014

MY WEEK: 12-18 May 2014 & Mother's Day ♡

Hello Hello Hello!

I hope everyone had a great few weeks. Here's a little update on my life (since I was naughty & didn't post in a while)


May 2014 - I'm in love with my keys ♡

The month of May has been pretty uneventful (so far). I have a few Math assignments coming up so I may not be able to post on Instagram or here as much. But then again...I do get distracted quite easily...

It was Mother's Day not long ago so I hope you all had a wonderful day with one of the most important people in your lives. Also, if you yourself are a mother, I hope your family spoiled you because really, you deserve it - everyday of the year. I was a lazy daughter this year. I had a plan to wake up early & make breakfast in bed but alas, it didn't happen.


Yuuuuum. Mother's Day Breakfast!

So instead, I used the, "I wanted you to sleep in" excuse and we headed out to one of our favourite Cafe Restaurant called 'Caffe Cherry Beans'. It was quite funny because my mum actually ended up getting the cheapest thing while my dad had the King of breakfasts. As you can see, I indulged in some pancakes. They were so nice & fluffy and my mum had half of it so it's all good, right? ;-)

Afterwards, we drove to the cemetery to visit my grandmother (mum's side) in my fancy new car. Although she didn't show it, I'm sure it would have been especially hard for my mum since it was the first Mother's Day without my grandmother and it had really only been 3 months so the loss is still quite fresh. But as always, she's a trooper & it only made me love and admire her even more. I don't know about you guys, but things like that really make me appreciate all the people in my life & I just hate to imagine what it would be like without them.

Speaking of, my boyfriend spent the day with his family & both our families all met up later at night for dinner. Note to self, make reservations on Mother's Day or eat in. Nearly every single restaurant was packed so we settled for the one place that didn't have people lining out the door...and it was terrible. Turns out, there weren't many people there in the first place for a reason. But, we made the best of a bad situation and had a blast. Our families are so close & again, it just made me love every single one of them more and more. His parents and I get along so well and his little brother is basically like my little brother as well.

So, all in all, thinking back on it, I had a pretty great Mother's Day, despite some bad restaurant experiences. Really, spending the day with friends & family is the best way to spend Mother's day, and honestly, any other day. Am I getting too sentimental here? Oh well, I hope you all had a wonderful day as well ♡

12-18 May 2014

Fast-forwarding to now-ish, here is what last week looked like in my Filofax. I thought I'd change things up a bit and so now, here is a tilted picture! :-) And I know my Instagram & blog is mainly Filofax-related, but I really wanted it to be more a reflection of my life & other interests so here is a picture I posted a few days ago of my lipstick collection. It's not the biggest collection out there, but for me, it's quite a lot, not to mention expensive. And don't even get me started on nail polish (Essie, you have my heart).


Lipstick Love ♡
Revlon, Estée Lauder, Rimmel, Napoleon & Maybelline

Please let me know what you think about my blog &/or Instagram branching out to things other than just Filofax. I love taking pics of make up, food and stuff like that as well & would love to share them with you if you'd like. I'm not too keen on creating another account because, oh! Big news! I reached 1900 followers on Instagram! It's just so unreal. Can you believe it? Because I certainly can't! 100 more to the big 2000. Seriously, you guys are the best. I'm thinking of doing another giveaway so...spread the word! :D Anyways, I just got a little sidetracked, but yeah, be sure to let me know!

As always, thank you for your love & continued support

Anna Banana
♡♡♡

p.s. Sorry for the super long post!

5 comments:

  1. I enjoy how this blog has a nice, clean design. I think it is unique how you tie your actual week with pictures into your filofax updates. I've been perusing different organizer blogs as I am thinking of getting an organizer and I like this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, you're so sweet! Organizers are great, especially nowadays where everyone's so dependent on technology. It's nice to be a little 'old school' sometimes and whipping out a Filofax :-) I hope you enjoy xoxo

      Delete
  2. Anna, Anna! Your picture of pancakes and ..powdered sugar, is it? Looks sooo delicious. I hope Mother's Day was great.

    Your post is nice, clear and clean. I like it. I found those stickers the other day looking for page flags online, lol. I was like "woa...that's where I saw them".

    Niice, nice. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they did taste as good as they looked :)

      Your comments seriously always make my day, thank you so much!

      I hope you've been well...uni is killing me at the moment. Oh well, thanks again!! xoxo

      Delete
    2. I am so glad my comments make your day. My blog is lonely in it's little corner over there. Lol. It's all good. It's like a journal, just public. :)

      I have had better days considering the situation at my job with part time work/Health Care...I wish I was back in school to have that to talk of...but sadly I am not. Yet. I will be soon :) Hope Uni has gotten a easier for ya. I know how tough it is.

      Take care girl!

      Delete