Monday, August 18, 2014

MY WEEK: 11-17 August 2014 & Life Update ♡

Hello, hello, hello! Remember me? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't because I think the world's worst blogger award can go to none other than me!

I have been having a pretty hectic few months...

The biggest change would have to be that I'm taking a break from uni at the moment... It was after much consideration (& stressful tears later) that my parents and I agreed I should take a break from uni. Not only has it been a mentally taxing semester for me, it also took quite a physical toll and I'm recovering with the amazing help & understanding of my parents. Hopefully, I will be able to relax in the next 6 months or so to really get back on track, both mentally & physically and be fit as a fiddle for the new year.

Also, yesterday was my cousin & godmother's wedding! It was such a beautiful event & I actually had the honour of reading a bible passage at the ceremony. I was sooooooo nervous but apparently I did really well! :-)

Here are some pre-wedding ice cream shots. My boyfriend insisted I needed to 'cool down'. Lord knows I love him ♡


Decisions, decisions... Can't I just have them all?!

As you can see, it was pretty hard to decide. But, I settled for the Cookies & Cream with Hazelnut in a cone. And of course, I snuck in a few bites of my boyfriend's Macadamia & Honey with Coffee. Yuuuum. I will admit, Cookies & Cream and Coffee were the real winners.

Cookies & Cream + Hazelnut = HEAVEN!
Also, I've been quite interested in juicing lately & finally put my Myer giftcards to good use and invested in a Breville Juicer. I've used it everyday since I bought it & have been playing around with different combinations. Some good, some really good, some bad...and some really bad... But it's so much fun, nonetheless! It's hard to say what my favourite is so far but let me know if you want some juicing recipes in the future. I didn't want to just dedicate this blog solely to Filofax & stationery but make it more of a lifestyle kind of blog so...there you have it :-)


Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200

And can I just say, I'm loooooving this juicer. My boyfriend & I were up early this morning to make my parents some juice before they left for work and they were completely surprised, saying they didn't hear it at all from upstairs. So brownie points for being quite quiet (hehe). Also, the cleaning! There are only about 6 parts to it - which I'm not sure is a lot or not - but it's so easy! But then again, that is my personal opinion and my friends & family would agree with me on that. We all just loved juicing & wanted to juice more but the hassle of cleaning up afterwards was just such a turn-off. But not anymore! It's so much fun & quite affordable.

At Myer, it was $129 but I got it on sale for about $110 and with my $75 gift cards, I only paid around $35 dollars for it! Woo hoo! And it's even cheaper at Bing Lee where it's $92 or something like that. So I'd definitely recommend it because it's so worth it. And when you think about paying $5+ for juice at Boost or Top Juice, I'd say it's amazing. The shape & design of the actual juicer is also just so sleek & cute and perfect on the kitchen counter without taking up too much space.

Can we also just take a minute to admire my new fruit bowl from IKEA? The colour is sort of a muted neon-y green and the wooden base thing is actually a lid. I used it as a base here but you can actually use it separately sort of as a wooden tray. It's just gorgeous.

Soooo....after that long long update, how about a My Week post? It's been a while... I feel like I'm losing my decorative edge (if I even had one...). But then again, not much has been going on too much in my life. Let me know what you think :-)


11-17 August 2014

If you're still here, reading this insanely long post...you're my hero. Thanks for all your love & support, especially on Instagram and I'll try to post more now that I have time to relax and such.

Also, about the 2015 inserts. I've been a little stumped as to the design of them. Should I keep them the same as the 2014 ones? Or should I change them up a bit? Maybe make them day per page? I'd love for you to leave me some ideas down below so I can get to making & uploading them ASAP.

As always, lots of love.
Anna Banana 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Anna! Great post! I do the same experimenting with smoothies every morning .. some can be pretty bad - haha!

    I have a question for you though - which program do you make your inserts in? Also, do you make them to size or do you just "fit to page" at the end?

    Thanks for your answers! I have been thinking of going to filofaxes from a coil bound however I'm nervous, ha. I also want to make a few that I can't seem to find. I've tried downloading yours but I can't get them off Scrib without paying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's so true! I used Microsoft Word to make my inserts & adjusted the page settings to be the dimensions of the Personal Size Filofax paper.

      And I'd be more than happy to email the inserts to you. I have no idea what is wrong with the Scrib thing, sorry about that :( I hope this helps & feel free to contact me anytime if you have any more questions! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Anna I would love you to leave your inserts as they are as I think they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that. It makes it a lot easier for me as well :) Hopefully they'll be up soon! xoxo

      Delete